Re: Hauppauge 2250 on Ubuntu 15.04

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 2:58 PM, Jeff Allen <worthspending@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks, I did that and it is working now.  However, I ran into another
> problem.  The card will not scan any channels.  I live in the Chicago area
> and my cable provider is Wowway.  Wowway requires a main set top box and
> digital adapters for every other TV in the home.  Cable ready TV's after
> 2010 are suppose to work without the need for a digital adapter.  I have a
> feeling that the 2255 card I have will not work with my cable provider.
>
> Any thoughts?

Cc'ing linux-media back in.

I'm not aware of any US cable provider that the HVR2255 cannot
tune/demodulate. I'd be highly surprised if your HVR2255 isn't
delivering packets, unless its faulty.

However, depending on your provider, those multiplexes may only
contain encrypted tv channels - not watchable by you. I have a handful
of channels from my provider that are watchable. 300+ are fully
encrypted.... the data delivered by the card isn't that useful, for
encrypted channels.

I suggest you share the output from your scan tests with the mailing
list and see if anyone can help.

--
Steven Toth - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com