Re: [RFC] V4L2 codecs in user space

Le lundi 08 juin 2015 à 13:42 +0900, Damian Hobson-Garcia a écrit :
> Also, if this method is not recommended, should there be a 1-2 line
> disclaimer on the "V4L2_Userspace_Library" wiki page that mentions
> this?

I think you may have got that wrong. The V4L2 userspace library is not
implementing any device drivers. It allow older software to work with
latest V4L2 features by emulating what is possible. It also implement
platform specific setups (media controller) and eventually will contain
needed parsers that would otherwise represent a security threat if ran
inside the Linux Kernel.

Nicolas