Re: DVB Simulcrypt

Op 23-02-15 om 22:29 schreef Rudy Zijlstra:
On 23-02-15 20:56, Honza Petrouš wrote:
And yes, my CAM's are for Irdeto and do not support Nagra. To my knowledge no valid Nagra CAM do exist for DVB-C
I'm a bit fossil regarding current status of CA in DVB but anyway I can say
I know that some years ago existed CI-CAM modules for Nagra, it was
in time of so-called Nagra2 introduction on Hispasat ;)

Dunno how is the current situation.

An second - it has no difference if it is for sattelite or cable variant
of DVB. The CI-CAM standard is the same. The only problem
can be if support for particular provider is "baked" inside (meaning
only particular auth data are inserted).

The point is that although from standard point of view you are right, no cable operator has ever wanted to support Nagra CAM. As a result the needed CAM authorization is not present.

CI+ is a different story. Would need to check if CI+ is available in PC card form now. Kind of doubt that though. Do not expect Nagra wil support such development (refuse to validate).

Cheers

Rudy
Spare your time: no CI for PC is available that supports the bogus CI+ standard. And thus no driver for that too. So all you need is a simple cardreader like the Smargo+ (but make sure you get an original one, not a cheap clone that seemingly is the real deal)

Cheers,
Tycho