Re: DVB Simulcrypt

> On 23-02-15 15:21, Tycho Lürsen wrote:

>>> See above:
>>>
>>> Recording system has 3 tuners. All equal, all with same permissions on
>>> the
>>> smartcard. On cards 0 and 2 does not work, but card 1 does work, on all
>>> channels tested.
>>>
>>> additional finfo: i tested the same channel(s) on all 3 tuners. For now i
>>> have re-configured mythtv to use only the second tuner for encrypted
>>> channels.
>>> This does reduce scheduling flexibility though.
>>>
>>> Would to understand what makes the difference, so i can ask the right
>>> questions to MythTV developers.
>>>

>>> As the decryption does work with 1 tuner, i see 2 options:
>>> - depending on tuner id the default CA descriptor used is different, and
>>> this selection is not expoerted on API level (kernel issue)
>>> - application needs to select which CA to use (and currently does not do
>>> this)
>>>
>> It should be the latter one. I'm also having  Ziggo for provider, but
>> always used FFdecsawrapper/Oscam for decryption (also legal in The
>> Netherlands, providing you have a paid subscription)
>> ECM CA system id's 0x604 or 0x602 (depending on your region) gets you
>> Irdeto, while ECM CA system id's 0x1850 or 0x1801 get you Nagra.
>> Correctly configured FFdecsa/Oscam can deal with it, MythTV probably
>> cannot.
>> Check it out at:
>> http://www.dtvmonitor.com/nl/?guid=0BE90D25-BA46-7B93-FDCD-20EFC79691E0
>> That's a snapshot from today, monitored from Groningen.
>>
> Tycho,
>
> thanks. looking at http://www.dtvmonitor.com/nl/ziggo-limburg the CA id for
> Iredeto are same in Limburg as in Groningen.
>
> And yes, my CAM's are for Irdeto and do not support Nagra. To my knowledge
> no valid Nagra CAM do exist for DVB-C

I'm a bit fossil regarding current status of CA in DVB but anyway I can say
I know that some years ago existed CI-CAM modules for Nagra, it was
in time of so-called Nagra2 introduction on Hispasat ;)

Dunno how is the current situation.

An second - it has no difference if it is for sattelite or cable variant
of DVB. The CI-CAM standard is the same. The only problem
can be if support for particular provider is "baked" inside (meaning
only particular auth data are inserted).

/Honza