Re: SAA7164 firmware for Asus MyCinema

On Wed, 19 Nov 2014, Éder Zsolt wrote:

Hi,

I found at the site: http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/ATSC_PCIe_Cards that if I have a TV-tuner card which is currently unsupported, you may help me how I can make workable this device.

I have an Asus MyCinema EHD3-100/NAQ/FM/AV/MCE RC dual TV-Tuner card with SAA7164 chipset.

Did we talk about this in IRC a couple of days ago?

If not, you will need to find out which demodulator and tuner are used on that card. You can find those by looking at the physical card. Read the text on the bigger ICs and try to put them in the google to find out the components used. The tuner might be under metal shielding, in which case it might be a bit more tricky to find out.

Looking at the files in the Windows driver package might give you some hints as well.

Cheers,
-olli