Re: Add controls to query camera read only paramters

Hi Guennadi,

On 10 November 2014 19:46, Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Bin,
>
> On Sat, 8 Nov 2014, Bin Chen wrote:
>
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> I need suggestions with regard to adding controls to query camera read
>> only parameters (e.g maxZoom/maxExposureCompensation) as needed by
>> Android Camera API[1].
>
> I'm not sure all Android HAL metadata tags should be 1-to-1 implemented in
> V4L2.

Yes, we won't need 1-1 mapping and I'm just trying to identify the
gaps and will add only those that are make sense.

> Some of them can be derived from existing information, some are even
> more relevant to the HAL, then to the camera (kernel driver).
We can do it in both places and the boundary is kind of blur, at least
for me:). Any guideline to follow? Putting them in driver maybe
reasonable in the sense that all hardware related information are put
together in one place - the driver. V4L2_CID_PIXEL_RATE is an example
in V4l2 to provide such read-only information.