Re: Upcoming v4l-utils 1.6.0 release

Em Tue, 30 Sep 2014 18:29:26 +0200
Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> Hi,
>
> On 09/30/2014 05:20 PM, Gregor Jasny wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > On 27/09/14 13:54, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:

> >> I would actually prefer if we could get rid of those two broken
> >> descriptors on some release, and to re-add them only when they're
> >> actually working.
> >
> > I have sent a patch series to remove the public headers of this two
> > descriptors and provide stubs to maintain SONAME compatibility.
> >
> > Could you please ACK it?
>
> About the 1.6.0 release, please do not release it until the series
> fixing the regression in 1.4.0 with gstreamer which I've posted
> today. A review of that series would be appreciated. If you're ok
> with the series feel free to push it to master.

>From my side, I'm happy with the changes made at libdvbv5 side.

I did several changes during this week:

- Added user pages for the 4 dvbv5 tools;
- Cleaned up all Valgrind errors;
- Cleaned up a nasty double-free bug;
- Solved all the issues pointed for it at Coverity.
- Added the package version on all section 1 man pages. Those are now
  created during ./configure.

I also did some tests here with DVB-C and ISDB-T and everything seems to
be working fine.

So, at least from dvbv5 utils and libdvbv5, I think we're ready for
version 1.6.

Regards,
Mauro