Hauppauge HVR-5500, studder/lag with HD Channels

Yesterday I upgraded to the Linux kernel 3.17RC7 and build & installed
the latest drivers from the media-tree (devel-3.17-rc6 branch).

When switching to HD channels I'm getting a lot of lag, switching back
to SD channels, it works without any lag/issues.
It's not a GPU problem, because it worked (great) before and
everything else is smooth.

I can't see any debug output (e.g. dmesg) thought, but on TVHeadend I
get a lot of stream errors.
When playing a stream over HTTP (with TVHeadend) on another computer,
it works OK.

Could it be an issue with the processing on the TV-card that happens
when decoding HD-channels for ouput (on the same computer/display)?

Hope you guys can take a look,

If more debug info is needed, please let me know.

Thanks!