Re: Running Technisat DVB-S2 on ARM-NAS

Am 21.09.2014 um 22:45 schrieb Jannis:
> Am 21.09.2014 um 19:28 schrieb JPT:
>> Tommorrow I'll swap the sat cable just to make sure this isn't the cause.
>
> Hi Jan,
>
> Are we talking about this device:
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Technisat_SkyStar_USB_HD

Yes, exactly.

> (You never mentioned the actual model AFAIK)?

No, I didn't. I'm sorry.

> If so, it has two LEDs. A red one for "power" and a green one for
> "tuned"/"locked". So if the green one lights up, the sat cable should be
> okay.

Swapped cables: now it works. :)
I have to check why this cable is bad :(

Recording works fine, too.

> I remember having tested my one with the RaspberryPi and it worked. So
> it is not a general problem of the DVB-S2 device and ARM but rather the
> specific board you are working with.
> Just found the link where I reported success:
> https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/82#issuecomment-27253775

That's great to hear. Thanks!
I didn't expect anyone tried DVB on ARM yet. The Linux community is
great. I'm so glad I don't need Win any more (in general).

Thank you very much to both of you, and to all that people who wrote the
code!

Jan