Re: OMAP3 Multiple camera support

Hi Sriram,

On Wednesday 17 September 2014 23:06:42 Sriram V wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does OMAP3 camera driver support multiple cameras at the same time.
>
> As i understand - You can have simultaneous YUV422 (Directly to memory)
> and another one passing through camera controller ISP?
>
> I Also, wanted to check if anyone has tried having multiple cameras on omap3
> with the existing driver.

The driver does support capturing from multiple cameras at the same time,
provided one of them is connected to the CSI2A receiver. You can then capture
raw frames from the CSI2A receiver output while processing frames from the
other camera (connected to CSI1/CCP2, CSI2C or parallel interface) using the
whole ISP pipeline.

Please note that the consumer OMAP3 variants are documented by TI as not
including the CSI receivers. However, several developers have reported that
the receivers are present and usable at least in some of the chips.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart