Re: Framerate is consistently divided by 2.5

Hi Isaac,

On Sunday 14 September 2014 01:57:02 Isaac Nickaein wrote:
> Ah sorry for the confusion. The USB camera was not working on the old
> kernel of ARM board. After patching the kernel, I can grab images but
> the framerate is 1/2.5 of expected framerate. The camera works without
> any issue on my PC (with kernel 3.13) though.

The uvcvideo driver drops erroneous frame by default. Could you please try
turning that off by setting the nodrop module parameter to 1 and check if the
frame rate changes ? Please use the yavta command line test application
(http://git.ideasonboard.org/yavta.git) as other applications might not
correctly handle frames with the error bit set, or might not take them into
account to compute the frame rate.

The following command line should be all you need (you might want to change
the resolution and video device to match your system).

yavta -c -f YUYV -s 640x480 /dev/video0

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart