Re: No audio support in struct v4l2_subdev_format

On 07/04/2014 01:38 PM, Divneil Wadhawan wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>

>> It should generate an initial SOURCE_CHANGE event with 'changes' set to
>> V4L2_EVENT_SRC_CH_RESOLUTION. That way the application that just subscribed to this
>> event with V4L2_EVENT_SUB_FL_SEND_INITIAL will get an initial event.
>
> Just checked in 3.10 which I am using, this is for the control events.
>
> So, I will check in detail and in case fits our case, will reuse the part in my code.
>

>> I hate to say this, but I have no idea what you mean. Can you show some code?
>

> static int hdmirx_evt_add(struct v4l2_subscribed_event *sev, unsigned elems)
> {
>         struct v4l2_fh *fh = sev->fh;
>         struct v4l2_subdev *sd = vdev_to_v4l2_subdev(fh->vdev);
>         struct hdmirx_ctx_s *hdmirx_ctx = v4l2_get_subdevdata(sd);

>         list_add_tail(&sev->node, &hdmirx_ctx->subs_list);

>         return 0;
> }
>

> static void hdmirx_evt_del(struct v4l2_subscribed_event *sev)
> {
>         struct v4l2_fh *fh = sev->fh;
>         struct v4l2_subdev *sd = vdev_to_v4l2_subdev(fh->vdev);
>         struct hdmirx_ctx_s *hdmirx_ctx = v4l2_get_subdevdata(sd);

>         list_del(&sev->node);

> }
>

> struct v4l2_subscribed_event_ops hdmirx_event_ops = {
>         .add = hdmirx_status_evt_add,
>         .del = hdmirx_status_evt_del,
>         .replace = v4l2_ctrl_replace,
>         .merge = v4l2_ctrl_merge,
> };
>

> hdmi_core_subscribe_event()
>
> {
>

>  ret = v4l2_event_subscribe(fh, sub,
>                      HDMIRX_EVENT_QUEUE_DEPTH, &hdmirx_event_ops);
>

> }
>

> static const struct v4l2_subdev_core_ops hdmirx_subdev_core_ops = {
>         .ioctl =  xxx
>         .subscribe_event = hdmirx_core_subscribe_event,

> }

Very weird code. If you want to support events all you have to do is this:

int my_subdev_subscribe_event(struct v4l2_subdev *sd, struct v4l2_fh *fh,
                                     struct v4l2_event_subscription *sub)
{
	switch (sub->type) {
	case V4L2_EVENT_CTRL:
		return v4l2_ctrl_subdev_subscribe_event(sd, fh, sub);
	case V4L2_EVENT_SOURCE_CHANGE:
		return v4l2_src_change_event_subdev_subscribe(sd, fh, sub);
	default:
		return -EINVAL;
	}
}

Since your QUEUE_DEPTH event is custom and I have no idea what it does, I also
can't say if you really need event_ops, but it seems very peculiar. It is almost
certainly wrong what you are doing.

Regards,

	Hans