RE: No audio support in struct v4l2_subdev_format

Hi Hans,

> I don't understand the problem. When the application starts the first thing it should
> do is to call VIDIOC_QUERY_DV_TIMINGS: that will tell it if any signal is present.

I guess dv timings will be valid for DVI too. If yes, then there is no audio.

There's no video device for this, just subdev.

> An alternative might be to extend v4l2_src_change_event_subscribe() and have it honor
> the V4L2_EVENT_SUB_FL_SEND_INITIAL flag: if set, it should issue this event at once.
> That might actually be a nice improvement.

Okay, if it gives the already fired event, then it's good.

There is one concern for this v4l2_src_change_event_subscribe().

I was using v4l2_subscribed_event_ops for storing the "struct v4l2_subscribed_event sev."

Later take out from list so, that I can call v4l2_event_queue() from the async event handler.

I didn't had to worry for addition/deletion of "sev" from my list as this was managed by event framework calling these ops.

So, now with v4l2_src_change_event_subscribe(), I cannot use the ops, and I have to manage "fh" using list.

This addition deletion must now be handled by me, and cannot be taken care by v4l2_event_subdev_unsubscribe().

I hope I have not missed any trivial stuff ;)

> But what has that to do with audio?

For video, we have VIDIOC_SUBDEV_G_FMT, for audio, there's nothing.

Regards,

Divneil 		 	   		  --