Re: Terratec Cinergy T XS Firmware (Kernel 3.14.1)

Hi,

Am 24.04.2014 23:26, schrieb Mauro Carvalho Chehab:
> Em Thu, 24 Apr 2014 15:24:20 -0400
> Devin Heitmueller <dheitmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
[...]

> What can do, instead, is to sniff the traffic at the USB port, and get
> the proper GPIO, XCLK and I2C speed settings for this device.
>
> My suggestion is to either run it on a QEMU VM machine, redirecting
> the USB device to the VM and sniffing the traffic on Linux, or to
> use some USB snoop software.
>
> Take a look at: http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Bus_snooping/sniffing
>
> We have a script that parses em28xx traffic, converting them into
> register writes. All you need to do is to sniff the traffic and check
> what GPIO registers are needed to reset the device.
>
> Then, add the corresponding data at em28xx-cards.c.

Ok, I managed to setup a VBox with "TheOtherOS" and usbmon and sniffed
some traffic when I (virtually) plugged in the device.

The file is (compressed) about ~620 KiB.

I am honest: I have no clue what I sniffed or how I should read GPIO
registers from there.

If anyone is interested in helping me I would send the file directly.

Greetings
Daniel
--
Daniel Exner