Re: Terratec Cinergy T XS Firmware (Kernel 3.14.1)

Hi,

Am 23.04.2014 22:42, schrieb Devin Heitmueller:
> On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 4:34 PM, Daniel Exner <dex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You can get the firmware via the following procedure:
>
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Xceive_XC3028/XC2028#How_to_Obtain_the_Firmware
>
> or if you're on Ubuntu it's already packaged in
> linux-firmware-nonfree.  The file itself is 66220 bytes and has an MD5
> checksum of 293dc5e915d9a0f74a368f8a2ce3cc10.

I used that procedure and have exactly that file in my /lib/firmware dir.

> Note that if you have that file in /lib/firmware, it's entirely
> possible that the driver is just broken (this happens quite often).
> The values read back by dmesg are from the device itself, so if the
> chip wasn't properly initialized fields such as the version will
> contain garbage values.
On the page you linked above older firmware versions are mentions that
should be supported by the driver.

My Question is: how to get them?

But you may be right, because "Device is Xceive 34584" seems also wrong
(didn't find any hint such a device exists..)

I'm willing to invest some time to repair the driver.
Anyone interested in helping me in getting this thing back to work?

Greetings
Daniel
--
Daniel Exner