Re: exynos4 / g2d

Sachin Kamat wrote:
> On 10 February 2014 14:28, Inki Dae <inki.dae@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> +cc Joonyoung Shim
>>>
>>> Hi,

>>> It does say "later Exynos series from Exynos4X12" which technically
>>> includes Exynos5 and
>> Right, supported.
>>
>>> does not include previous Exynos series SoCs like 4210, etc.
>>> Anyway, I haven't tested this driver on Exynos4 based platforms and
>>> hence cannot confirm if it
>>> supports 4x12 in the current form. I leave it to the original author
>>> and Inki to comment about it.
>>>
>> Just add "samsung,exynos4212-g2d" to exynos_g2d_match if you want to
>> use g2d driver on exynos4212 SoC. We already tested this driver on
>> Exynos4x12 SoC also. We didn't just post dt support patch for
>> exynos4x12 series.
> If you prefer I could add that and send a patch. I wouldn't be able to
> test it though.

Thanks for the feedback!

The reason for bringing this up is the following. I'm trying to get the
G2D block working through the DRM interface on a Hardkernel ODROID-X2,
which is Exynos4412 based. Hardkernel provides a modified 3.8.y kernel,
which they somehow "support". The problem is that the G2D doesn't work
there. I can provide more specific details on that, if wanted.

So my plan was to check if the G2D at least works with a more recent
kernel. I'm currently working on getting 3.13.y vanilla running on the
device and then want to test the G2D block there (e.g. with the test
tool that is included in the libdrm tree -- this is also the one that
fails on the odroid kernel).

Obviously this would be huge waste of time, if you guys would tell me
that the G2D isn't working (at least through the DRM) on the Exynos4412
platform anyway.

With best regards,
Tobias