Re: exynos4 / g2d

+cc Joonyoung Shim

Hi,

On 10 February 2014 13:58, Tobias Jakobi <tjakobi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello!
>

> Sachin Kamat wrote:
>> +cc linux-media list and some related maintainers
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 10 February 2014 00:22, Tobias Jakobi <tjakobi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I noticed while here
>>> (https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos4x12.dtsi?id=3a0d48f6f81459c874165ffb14b310c0b5bb0c58)
>>> the necessary entry for the dts was made, on the drm driver side
>>> (https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/drivers/gpu/drm/exynos/exynos_drm_g2d.c)
>>> this was never added.
>>>
>>> Shouldn't "samsung,exynos4212-g2d" go into exynos_g2d_match as well?
>> The DRM version of G2D driver does not support Exynos4 based G2D IP
>> yet. The support for this IP
>> is available only in the V4L2 version of the driver. Please see the file:
>> drivers/media/platform/s5p-g2d/g2d.c
>>
> That doesn't make sense to me. From the initial commit message of the
> DRM code:
> "The G2D is a 2D graphic accelerator that supports Bit Block Transfer.
> This G2D driver is exynos drm specific and supports only G2D(version
> 4.1) of later Exynos series from Exynos4X12 because supporting DMA."
> (https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git/commit/drivers/gpu/drm/exynos/exynos_drm_g2d.c?id=d7f1642c90ab5eb2d7c48af0581c993094f97e1a)
>
> In fact, this doesn't even mention the Exynos5?!

It does say "later Exynos series from Exynos4X12" which technically
includes Exynos5 and
does not include previous Exynos series SoCs like 4210, etc.
Anyway, I haven't tested this driver on Exynos4 based platforms and
hence cannot confirm if it
supports 4x12 in the current form. I leave it to the original author
and Inki to comment about it.

--
With warm regards,
Sachin