Re: au0828 errors and mangled video with Hauppauge 950Q

On 05/02/14 01:46 AM, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 1:05 AM, Connor Behan <connor.behan@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> Ccing Devin. I'm pretty sure the analog side has a problem at the driver
>> level.
>>
>> On most days, one cannot pickup an ATSC signal where I am, so I am
>> trying to capture analog video with a Hauppauge WinTV HVR 950Q. Whether
>> I use Television, Composite or S-Video, I see the same corrupted video
>> such as this: http://imgur.com/c398F4v
> Looks like insufficient USB bandwidth available to support the 24
> MB/second required for uncompressed analog video.
>
> Is this on an x86 PC?  Or some embedded target such as ARM?  If the
> latter, then the answer is almost certainly that the USB host
> controller implementation is garbage and cannot handle the throughput.
>
> Devin

It's an x86 PC but bandwidth was indeed the problem. I thought I was
having a power issue before. So I started using a Cardbus to USB adapter
that had an external power port. This was a mistake, and I can get the
tuner to work again if I switch back to a built-in port.

Thanks a lot.