au0828 errors and mangled video with Hauppauge 950Q

Ccing Devin. I'm pretty sure the analog side has a problem at the driver
level.

On most days, one cannot pickup an ATSC signal where I am, so I am
trying to capture analog video with a Hauppauge WinTV HVR 950Q. Whether
I use Television, Composite or S-Video, I see the same corrupted video
such as this: http://imgur.com/c398F4v

It is supposed to be a hockey game. When the broadcast cuts to a
commercial, I still see frames of the game for about 5 seconds, then the
fuzzy stuff on the screen contains some images from the game and some
images from the commercial, then it fully switches over to the
commercial. Frames that are supposed to be seen at different times are
being mixed together.

When I enable debugging for all of the media modules, my dmesg is
dominated by au0828 calls to print_err_status:
http://pastebin.ca/2628011 When I enable debugging on all modules except
the au0828, what I see is:

Insert tuner: http://pastebin.ca/2628012
mplayer tv:///2: http://pastebin.ca/2628017

Does this shed light on the problem? I'd be happy to test patches.