Re: Conexant PCI-8604PW 4 channel BNC Video capture card (bttv)

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 08:55:00PM +0000, Robert Longbottom wrote:
> >As for the CPLD, there is not much we can do. I count 23 GPIOs going
> >to that chip. And we don't know if some of these are outputs of the
> >CPLD, making it a bit risky to just randomly drive values on those
> >pins.
>
> Is that because it might do some damage to the card, or to the host
> computer, or both?

If there is damage, it will most likely be restricted to the card.

> Or is it just too hard to make random guesses at
> what it should be doing?

When we cycle through all combinations in one minute, there are about
a hundred PCI cycles per combination left for the chip to be granted
access to the bus. I expect most of the pins to provide a priority
or weighting value for each BT878A, so there should be many combinations
that do something.

> >If we had the original software, we could analyze what it is doing.
> >There is someone on ebay.com selling two of those cards and a cd
> >labled "Rescue Disk Version 1.14 for Linux DVR".
>
> Ah yes, I've just found that, it seems a little pricey!

Maybe the seller is nice person and provides the contents of the CD for
free.

> There is
> also a listing for an "Avermedia 4 Eyes Pro Capture Card PCI 8604"
> which looks pretty much the same, but it doesn't have any software
> with it and searching around for any more information on that hasn't
> got me anywhere.

It's the same card but it is not the Avermedia 4 Eyes Pro.

  Daniel