Re: Upstreaming SAA716x driver to the media_tree

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 1:42 AM, CrazyCat <crazycat69@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Konstantin Dimitrov пишет:
>
>> so, i was waiting Manu to upstream his SAA716x driver code some day
>> and then submit the improvements i made to it. yet again you're trying
>> to take that from me and again, conveniently you included many people
>> on CC, but not me.
>

> it's ok :) and stop compile binary blobs for TBS :) like 'stupid' binaries
> for LNB power control and init for 6925/5925 :)

do you really believe that's mine decision to direct that to me?! what
you're asking is not my decision to make.

>> in my opinion what you're doing is not right, because that patch is
>> not clean-room reverse-engineering, you just took those changes from
>> another open-source base and if nothing else it's at least common
>> courtesy in open-source community when you didn't make them to not
>> submit them as "your" patches.
>

> this is open-source world :)

no, it's not open-source world to take code that someone else made and
say it's yours

>> i also think with your actions you're actually hurting the community,
>> because people like me, that do actually have the technical
>> understanding and can help and contribute further improvements are
>> driven away from the community, because
>> effectively the community accepting behavior like yours is encouraging
>> code stealing!!
>

> what stealed code ??? :) if you want write closed-source drivers for windose
> - make it ! :)

i'm not discussing any closed source work here - i'm talking about
patches made to code that is licensed under GPL.