Re: I2C transfer logs for Antti's DS3103 driver and DVBSky's DS3103 driver

On 15.11.2013 15:32, David Howells wrote:
Antti Palosaari <crope@xxxxxx> wrote:

demod_write(33, [00])				YES

That is config option already. Did you set value? If yes, then there is driver
bug. If not, then add value.

But you don't give me the option of _not_ setting it.  The dvbsky driver sets
it to 0x35 in its init_tab[] - as does yours - and then leaves it alone.

So what? Do you understand meaning of init tables? If you look those demod drivers about everyone has init tables and it is used just to set some reasonable default values to registers. After that you could change those or leave as is, it is just driver logic.

Just set correct value there and it should be OK.
+       .agc = 0x99,

			demod_write(76, [38])	YES

on init table

Whilst that may be so, something clears it between one call to
m88ds3103_set_frontend() and the next, so you probably need to unconditionally
reload the program init table.

It is programmed conditionally to avoid I/O. Loading logic is simply and relies to S/S2/sleep mode change. If there is bug then it should be fixed, but I suspect it is just OK as my device is working. If that logic is broken then result is likely very dramatic - you will be able to view only DVB-S or DVB-S2 channels.

So hard code those bugs, if you already didn't, 0x33=0x99, 0x56=0x00,
0xfd=0x46 and make test. Do that same to find out all buggy registers until it
performs as it should.

I've made my version of your driver now set up the demod regs as per the
dvbsky driver for:

	S 11919000 V 27500000 3/4

but:

	./scan-s2/scan-s2 -a1 ./e.1 >/tmp/s -O S9.0E -D S2

still doesn't work for your driver, despite two goes at tuning.  I guess I
need to check the tuner writes too.

These bugs sounds more like a demod bugs.

Have you tried simple tune using szap/s2-szap to single channel? Don't try scan before it works for single S and S2 channel using zap.

Antti

--
http://palosaari.fi/