Re: em28xx + ov2640 and v4l2-clk

On 08/27/2013 06:00 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:

>> > I'm not sure to follow you there, I don't think that's how I want to use the
>> > clock. Could you please elaborate ?
>
> As Sylwester pointed, the lack of clock register makes ov2640 to defer
> probing, as it assumes that the sensor is not ready.

Hmm, actually there are two drivers here - the sensor driver defers its
probing() when a clock provided by the bridge driver is missing. Thus
let's not misunderstand it that missing clock is used as an indication
of the sensor not being ready. It merely means that the clock provider
(which in this case is the bridge driver) has not initialized yet.
It's pretty standard situation, the sensor doesn't know who provides
the clock but it knows it needs the clock and when that's missing it
defers its probe().

--
Regards,
Sylwester