Re: Question about v4l2-compliance: cap->readbuffers

Hi Ricardo,

On 07/30/2013 05:46 PM, Ricardo Ribalda Delgado wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a camera that works on two modes: Mono and colour. On color
> mode it has 3 gains, on mono mode it has 1 gain.
>
> When the user sets the output to mono I disable the color controls
> (and the other way around).
>
> Also on color mode the hflip and vflip do not work, therefore I dont show them.
>
> I could return -EINVAL, but I rather not show the controls to the user.
>
> What would be the proper way to do this?

Use the INACTIVE flag, that's the way it is typically done. You can still set
such controls, but the new value won't be active until you switch back to a
mode where they do work.

Using INACTIVE will show such controls as disabled in a GUI like qv4l2. I highly
recommend using qv4l2 for testing this since it is the reference implementation
of how GUIs should interpret control flags.

Regards,

	Hans