Re: Samsung i2c subdev drivers that set sd->name

Hi Sylwester and Laurent,

Sylwester Nawrocki wrote:
Hi Laurent,
We need an ioctl to report additional information about media entities
(it's
been on my to-do list for wayyyyyyyyy too long). It could be used to
report
bus information as well.

Yes, that sounds much more interesting than using just subdev name to
sqeeze
all the information in. Why we don't have such an ioctl yet anyway ? Were
there some arguments against it, or its been just a low priority issue ?

I think it's just been left unaddressed until now since there have been even more important things to work on. :-) I'm all for that, btw.; associating bus information to the media device instead of entities was always a little odd (feel free to blame me, too...).

Perhaps we could steal some bytes from the union in struct media_entity_desc? :-)

--
Cheers,

Sakari Ailus
sakari.ailus@xxxxxx