Re: Cinergy TStick RC rev.3 (rtl2832u) only 4 programs

Am 30.05.2013 17:27, schrieb poma:
On 30.05.2013 13:39, Torsten Seyffarth wrote:
…

After a hard disk crash I had to install my system anyway so I switched
to OpenSUSE 12.3 with a 3.7 Kernel, because this should support the
rtl2832u directly.
Basically this is working. The Stick is detected:
These kernel moduls are loaded:
rtl2832                18542  1
dvb_usb_rtl28xxu       28608  0
dvb_usb_v2             34564  2 dvb_usb_af9015,dvb_usb_rtl28xxu
rc_core                30555  4 dvb_usb_af9015,dvb_usb_rtl28xxu,dvb_usb_v2
rtl2830                18316  1 dvb_usb_rtl28xxu
dvb_core              109206  3 rtl2832,dvb_usb_v2,rtl2830
e4000!? :)

The problem is, that only four DVB-T programs on one transponder can be
received, but these in a very good quality. It should be around 20
programs. I tested this with MythTV and Kaffeine and both only find the
same 4 programs. With a Windows 7 PC and the antenna on the same
position I get all programs in good quality. So I do not think the stick
is broken or the quality of the antenna signal is the problem.

Has anyone an idea?
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg58249.html
Besides for testing purposes, it is recommended to use at least the last
stable stable kernel[1] e.g. 3.9.4-200.fc18.x86_64. :)
In addition, you can update the media modules via instructions - readme
at linuxtv.org[2].

poma

[1] https://www.kernel.org/
[1] http://git.linuxtv.org/media_build.git

Thanks for the answer so far.
I actually updated the media modules from git but this didn't help. Messing around with the kernel is nothing I feel very comfortable with, yet. ;-) But if I understand the linked discussion correctly it wouldn't help anyway. According to that the tuner is the problem and there is no solution at the moment. What I do not understand is, why did it work with the older kernel and the Ambrosa driver? Does it include a different driver for the e4000?

Best
Torsten