Re: v4l2-ctl-streaming: ideas for improvements

On Wednesday 10 April 2013 09:27:07 Hans Verkuil wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just in case someone has time to work on this: I thought I'd write down some
> of the ideas I have to improve the streaming code in v4l2-ctl:
>
> 1) Add an option to select between limited and full range colors.
>
> 2) Add more test patterns:
> 	- solid colors: black, white, red, green, blue, cyan, yellow, magenta.
> 	- grey 'color' bar
> 	- grey ramp
> 	- a pattern containing SAV and EAV codes in each plane (perhaps this
> 	  should be a separate option, 'overlaying' those codes): this is a very
> 	  nasty test case that can be used to test proper handling of such codes
> 	  in an image.
> 	- moving patterns
> 	- horizontal colorbars
> 	- thin lines: horizontal, vertical, both.
> 	- random contents

I've implemented support for generating test patterns in both my fbdev-test
program (http://git.ideasonboard.org/fbdev-test.git) and in the libdrm
modetest program. Maybe we should consider splitting that to a shared library.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart