Re: partial revert of "uvcvideo: set error_idx properly"

Em Fri, 25 Jan 2013 14:42:59 +0100
Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> On Fri January 25 2013 14:40:45 Hans de Goede wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 01/25/2013 11:40 AM, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> >
> > <snip>

> > > There are issues with that idea in the case of TV capture cards, since
> > > some important apps (tvtime and mythtv to a lesser extent) assume -EINVAL
> > > in the case of unsupported pixelformats.
> >
> > Oh, I thought we agreed on never returning EINVAL accept for on invalid
> > buffer types in Barcelona ?
>
> We did, but then it was discovered that apps like tvtime *rely* on such an
> error code.

Yes. Basically, tvtime and MythTV rely on receiving an error when the format
is not supported (I think they accept if the driver changes resolution and
interleaving mode, though). Xawtv (and likely the other apps that use its
code as a reference) will accept if the driver would change the video format
to one that it is actually supported.

--

Cheers,
Mauro