Re: em28xx: module parameter prefer_bulk ?

Em Mon, 24 Dec 2012 12:25:38 +0100
Frank Schäfer <fschaefer.oss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> Hi Mauro,
>
> now that we prefer bulk transfers for webcams and isoc transfers for TV,
> I wonder if prefer_bulk is still a good name for this module parameter.
> What about something like 'usb_mode', 'usb_xfer_mode' or
> 'frame_xfer_mode' with 0=auto, 1=prefer isoc, 2=prefer bulk ?

while keeping it as-is is not bad, IMHO, we can change it if people prefer
renaming it.

usb_xfer_mode sounds good for me. Feel free to submit a patch if you want.

It should be noticed that we can change it while it was not upstreamed.

With regards to the range, we generally use -1 for "auto" (at least, we do
that on several other places).

--

Cheers,
Mauro