Re: RFC: First draft of guidelines for submitting patches to linux-media

Em Tue, 11 Dec 2012 13:20:32 +0100
Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

[snip]
> > - not sure if this is possible: if a v2 patch series is posted, then
> > automatically remove v1. This would require sanity checks: same subject,
> > same author.
>
> There's a security issue here as it's easy to spoof a sender e-mail address,
> but I don't think that we need to care about it.

This can be easily detected: if the patch author didn't opt-out, he,
and the others who signed the v1 patch will receive a notification when it
gets any status change.

Also, when the patch gets merged on my tree, the author will receive
another email.

So, a fake submission can easily be detected.

Cheers,
Mauro