Re: Color problem with MPX-885 card (cx23885)

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Neuer User <auslands-kv@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks, you probably hinted me into the right direction. I use mplayer
> to play the video stream and mplayer does indeed recognize a 640x480
> video stream.
>
> I am not using any crop settings for these tests. But maybe it is
> possible to tell mplayer that the stream is 720x576 instead of the
> 640x480 it believes. That is, if the stream coming from the driver is
> really not 640x480.

Just to be clear, I wasn't intending to suggest that you were using
any of the actual V4L2 cropping features.  I'm just saying that if the
video scaler were broken, it's possible that the frames are
*effectively* being cropped at 640x480.

But yeah, you should definitely try capturing at 720x576 in mplayer.
You can specific command line arguments to mplayer to set the width
and height.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs