Re: [GIT PULL FOR 3.7] Samsung Exynos MFC driver update

Hi Sylwester,

> Indeed it looks like big blob patch. I think this reflects how these patches
> were created, were one person creates practically new driver for new device
> revision, with not much care about the old one, and then somebody else is
> trying to make it a step by step process and ensuring support for all H/W
> revisions is properly maintained.
>
> Anyway, Arun, can you please rebase your patch series onto latest linuxtv
> for_v3.7 branch and try to split this above patch. AFAICS there are following
> things done there that could be separated:
>
> 1. Move contents of file s5p_mfc_opr.c to new file s5p_mfc_opr_v5.c
> 2. Rename functions in s5p_mfc_opr_v5.c
> 3. Use s5p_mfc_hw_call for H/W specific function calls
> 4. Do S5P_FIMV/S5P_MFC whatever magic.

I couldnt go with more finer splits, as I wanted to keep a working driver
between all successive patches. Now I will try to make the splits as
suggested and see if it can still be done.

> Also I've noticed some patches do break compilation. There are some definitions
> used there which are added only in subsequent patches. Arun, can you please make
> sure there is no build break after each single patch is applied ?

I have checked this while applying and I didnt see any break in
compilation after each patch is applied. I ensured not only compilation
but also a working driver after applying each patch. I will ensure
this again on
the next rebase.

I will make these suggested changes and post an updated patchset today.

Regards
Arun