Re: [GIT PULL FOR v3.7] all the rest patches!

On 10/01/2012 10:32 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
Em Sat, 29 Sep 2012 21:41:41 +0300
Antti Palosaari <crope@xxxxxx> escreveu:

Updated, one new USB ID for RTL2832U.

The following changes since commit 8928b6d1568eb9104cc9e2e6627d7086437b2fb3:

    [media] media: mx2_camera: use managed functions to clean up code
(2012-09-27 15:56:47 -0300)

are available in the git repository at:

    git://linuxtv.org/anttip/media_tree.git for_v3.7_mauro-3

for you to fetch changes up to bf342b50ac6c5801a95d6a089086587446c8d6cf:

    rtl28xxu: [0ccd:00d3] TerraTec Cinergy T Stick RC (Rev. 3)
(2012-09-29 21:39:26 +0300)

Antti Palosaari (5):
        em28xx: implement FE set_lna() callback
        cxd2820r: use static GPIO config when GPIOLIB is undefined
        em28xx: do not set PCTV 290e LNA handler if fe attach fail
        em28xx: PCTV 520e workaround for DRX-K fw loading

All applied except for the above.

As I said before: sleeping for 2 seconds doesn't give any warranty that
the firmware got loaded (and I know one system where firmware load generally
takes more than 2 seconds to start - probably because the root fs is using
nfs, and the machine uses an Atom single core processor).

As I've explained, if the driver needs to wait for a firmware load, it
should use something that will actually wait for firmware load to complete,
instead of just sleeping in the hope that the amount of sleeping time would
be enough.

Yes I certainly know. My aim was to provide working driver around 99% of users even it is not correct. I don't understand why you all the time reject this kind of workarounds leaving devices 100% non-working state. And as it is the device what I am mostly responsible, I will get all the angry feedback from the unhappy users as their device does not work anymore after the Kernel upgrade.

regards
Antti

--
http://palosaari.fi/