Re: [Workshop-2011] Media summit at the Kernel Summit - was: Fwd: Re: [Ksummit-2012-discuss] Organising Mini Summits within the Kernel Summit

Hi Laurent

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012, Laurent Pinchart wrote:

> Hi Guennadi,
>
> On Tuesday 17 July 2012 21:51:02 Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
> > On Tue, 17 Jul 2012, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> > > As we did in 2012, we're planning to do a media summit again at KS/2012.
> > >
> > > The KS/2012 will happen in San Diego, CA, US, between Aug 26-28, just
> > > before the LinuxCon North America.
> > >
> > > In order to do it, I'd like to know who is interested on participate,
> > > and to get proposals about what subjects will be discussed there,
> > > in order to start planning the agenda.
> >
> > I'd love to attend, especially since, as you have seen, I've started doing
> > some work on V4L DT bindings,
>
> As you already know, that's a topic I'm very interested in. DT bindings will
> likely involve rethinking how the V4L2 core and V4L2 drivers instantiate
> subdevices, a media summit would have been a good occasion to discuss that.
> However, we probably need an RFC to start with.

You've certainly seen these two RFCs currently being discussed:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure/50755
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.samsung-soc/11143

Thanks
Guennadi