Re: DVB core enhancements - comments please?

Em 03-07-2012 13:25, Mauro Carvalho Chehab escreveu:
> Em 02-07-2012 18:27, Antti Palosaari escreveu:

>> OK, I have now played (too) many hours. Looking existing code and testing. But I cannot listen even simple FM-radio station. What are most famous / best radio applications ? I tried gnomeradio, gqradio and fmscan...
>>
>> That is USB radio based si470x chipset.
>
> Well, I don't have any si470x device here.
>
> It should be noticed that radio applications in general don't open the
> alsa devices to get audio, as old devices used to have a cable to wire
> at the audio adapter.
>
> I bet that this device uses snd-usb-audio module for audio. So, you may
> need to use aplayer/arecord in order to listen, with a syntax similar to:
>
> 	arecord -D hw:1,0 -r 32000 -c 2 -f S16_LE | aplay -
>
> The -r 32000 is for 32 kHz.
>

> In my case, I prefer to use "radio" aplication that comes with xawtv.
> It shouldn't be hard to patch it to also create the audio playback command
> there, as the code for that is already there at xawtv3 tree, and it is
> used by xawtv.
>
> I'll see if I can write a patch for that today.

Gah, worked on that just to discover that Hans de Goede had added it already...

Anyway, it is good to know that this got already fixed :)

Anyway, "radio" should do the proper alsa loopback handling:

	$ radio
	Using alsa loopback: cap: hw:2,0 (/dev/radio0), out: default

Regards,
Mauro