[ANNOUNCEMENT] (tentative) Android generic V4L2 camera HAL

Hi all

It's been a while since I've actually done this work. We have been waiting
for various formalities to be resolved to be able to publish this work
upstream. There are still a couple of formal issues to sort out before we
can begin the submission process, but at least it has been decided to
release patches for independent review and testing.

For now I've uploaded a development snapshot to

http://download.open-technology.de/android/20120625/

In the future we probably will provide git trees at least for the
system/media/v4l_camera development.

Enjoy:-) Any comments welcome.

Thanks
Guennadi