Re: Android Support for camera?

Hi Sergio

On Mon, 7 May 2012, Aguirre, Sergio wrote:

> Hi Sriram,
>
> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Sriram V <vshrirama@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi Sergio,
> >  I understand that you are working on providing Android HAL Support
> > for camera on omap4.
>
> That's right. Not an active task at the moment, due to some other
> stuff going on,
> but yes, I have that task pending to do.
>
> >  Were you able to capture and record?
>
> Well, I'm trying to take these patches as a reference:
>
> http://review.omapzoom.org/#/q/project:platform/hardware/ti/omap4xxx+topic:usbcamera,n,z
>
> Which are implementing V4L2 camera support for the CameraHAL,
> currently tested with
> the UVC camera driver only.

I've implemented a (pretty basic so far) V4L2 camera HAL for android
(ICS), patche submission is pending legal clarifications... I hope to
manage to push them into the upstream android, after which they shall
become available to all platforms. I've implemented the HAL as a
platform-agnostic library in C with a minimal (and naive;-)) C++ glue. I'm
sure, those patches will need some improvements, but I'd be happy, if they
could be taken as a basis.

Thanks
Guennadi

> So, I need to set the IOCTLs to program the omap4iss media controller
> device, to set a
> usecase, and start preview.
>
> I'll keep you posted.
>
> Regards,