Re: [RFCv1] DVB-USB improvements [alternative 2]

On 25.05.2012 20:44, Antti Palosaari wrote:
I have now implemented some basic stuff. Most interesting is new way of
map device id and properties for it. I found that I can use .driver_info
field from the (struct usb_device_id) to carry pointer. I used it to
carry all the other data to the DVB USB core. Thus that one big issue is
now resolved. It reduces something like 8-9 kB of binary size which is
huge improvement. Same will happen for every driver using multiple
(struct dvb_usb_device_properties) - for more you are used more you save.

Argh, reduces 8-9kB from the *af9015* as it was defining three (struct dvb_usb_device_properties). Also line count reduces 350 lines and will reduce some more after all those planned callbacks are done.

Here is 3 example drivers I have converted to that new style:
http://palosaari.fi/linux/v4l-dvb/dvb-usb-2012-05-25/

Antti
--
http://palosaari.fi/