Re: [RFCv1] DVB-USB improvements [alternative 2]

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 4:10 PM, Devin Heitmueller
<dheitmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If you think this is important, then you should feel free to submit
> patches to Antti's tree.  Otherwise, this is the sort of optimization
> that brings so little value as to not really be worth the engineering
> effort.  The time is better spent working on problems that *actually*
> have a visible effect to users (and a few extra modules being loaded
> does not fall into this category).
>
> I think you'll find after spending a few hours trying to abstract out
> the logic and the ugly solution that results that it *really* isn't
> worth it.

So you think that it makes more sense to ignore existing issues rather
than fix them. Isn't fixing issues & flaws the whole point of an
overhaul/redesign? Yes, it is. I do get the point you're trying to
make -- there are bigger fish to fry. But this is not an urgent
project and I disagree with the attitude to just disregard whatever
you deem unimportant. If you're going to do it, do it right.