Re: PCTV 520e - DVB-C not working

On 05.05.2012 15:24, Per Wetterberg wrote:

Hi,

I have problem getting the PCTV 520e to work with DVB-C on Linux. The video output stream is full of defects.
"drxk: SCU_RESULT_INVPAR while sending cmd 0x0203 with params" is printed to the dmesg log when scanning and watching DVB-C channels.
I have no problems scanning and watching DVB-T.

On Windows 7, both DVB-T and DVB-C works fine. So I guess its not an hardware problem or  the quality of the tv signal.

I have tried the drivers that came with kernel 3.3.4 and the latest media drivers built from source.
The dvb-demod-drxk-pctv.fw firmware file is downloaded with the get_dvb_firmware script and copied to /lib/firmware.

I can't figure out what the problem is.
Has anyone got PCTV 520e with DVB-C to work on Linux?

I have attached some log outputs below.

You will need attenuator. I suspect it is LNA or some AGC :/ But guess what how many times I tried to found out the reason... Feel free to hack DRX-K driver.

regards
Antti
--
http://palosaari.fi/