Re: Mipi csi2 driver for Omap4

Hi Steve, Sakari,

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 3:42 PM, Sakari Ailus <sakari.ailus@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 12:11:38PM +0200, Steve Lindell wrote:
>> Hi! I'm developing a mipi csi2 receiver for test purpose and need some
>> help of how to capture the data stream from a camera module. I'm using a
>> phytec board with a Omap4430 processor running Linux kernel 3.0.9.
>> Connected to the MIPI lanes I have a camera module (soled on a flexfilm)
>> The camera follows the Mipi csi2 specs and is controlled via an external
>> I2C controller. I have activated the camera and its now transmitting a
>> test pattern on the Mipi lines (4 line connection).
>>
>> I need to capture the stream and store it as a Raw Bayer snapshot. Is this
>> possible use Omap4430 and does Linux have the necessary drivers to capture
>> the stream. If this driver exists are there any documentation of how to
>> implement the driver?
>>
>> Is it possible to get some help of how to get started?
>
> Sergio Aguirre has posted the patches for the Omap 4 Iss to this list some
> time ago. I believe you'll also be able to find them here:
>
> <URL:https://gitorious.org/omap4-v4l2-camera/pages/Home>

Thanks Sakari for the reference.

> I guess you'd be also better off using a newer kernel than that.
>
> Hope this helps... Cc Sergio.

Steve,

I think it'll be easier for you to consider my code as a reference, and
follow as a reference the pandaboard implementation i've been maintaining.

Take a look specially at the "devel" branch, and to these files:

# Board file
arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-omap4panda-camera.c

# OV5650 Sensor file (which is RAW10)
drivers/media/video/ov5650.c

Please let me know any questions you might have.

I can help you out on getting what you need.

Regards,
Sergio