Re: My Microdia (SN9C201) webcam succumbs to glare in Linux

Hi Jean-Francois

I applied the patch you supplied, but the result wasn't as expected.
The video now cycles between the attached image and total blackness
every couple of seconds (i.e. bright, black, bright, black, ...).  I
should note that my curtains were actually closed and that I had
auto-exposure enabled in V4L2-UCP.

The image remained the same when I manually set the exposure to 800,
but at least it wasn't going black every couple of seconds anymore.
Of course, the problem disappeared when I reverted to the original
GSPCA v2.15.7 code.  Let me know if you want me to email you any of
the relevant debugging output.