eMPIA EM2710 Webcam (em28xx) and LIRC

Hi, everyone.

I apologise in advance for the noise if this is the wrong place to ask
such questions. I have a couple of eMPIA EM2710 (Silvercrest) USB
webcams which work quite well, except for the fact that most of LIRC
is unnecessarily loaded when the em28xx module loads. I suppose it
shouldn't be necessary, since these are webcams and don't have any
kind of IR remote control. I tried blacklisting the relevant modules,
but they keep loading. If relevant, I'm running Linux 3.3.0-rc7 on
Ubuntu 11.10.
(I'm not subscribed to the list, but I occasionally lurk in the archives.)

Thanks!