Re: Lockup on second streamon with omap3-isp

>> Thank you, I will try this and keep you posted.
>> With this sensor it is possible, but that is not the case for every
>> sensor out there.
>> Is this an ISP bug ?
>
> From my experience, the ISP doesn't handle free-running sensors very well.
> There are other things it doesn't handle well, such as sensors stopping in the
> middle of the frame. I would consider this as limitations.
>
> This shouldn't cause any interrupt storm though, but I'd like you to check
> just in case. Floating HS/VS signals that would happen to oscillate near the
> logic threshold voltage is my main guess for your problem.

Unless there is a soldering problem, this is not the case. Oscilloscope
traces look fine. And I would not get images out of the driver if
Hsync / Vsync was
garbage. Anyway, stopping / restarting the sensor removes the bug symptom,
thanks a lot for this hint.

>> It never happens on first start, ie before ccdc_configure is called
>> for the first time.
>> Is there a way to eventually handle this in the driver ?
>
> Let's first find out where the problam comes from exactly.

If it's an interrupt storm, I should be able to printk debug it,
I will keep you posted.

Jean-Philippe François