Re: A second easycap driver implementation

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 1:35 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
<mchehab@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, the driver is weird, as it encapsulates the demod code
> inside it , instead of using the saa7115 driver, that covers most
> of saa711x devices, including saa7113.
>
> Btw, is this driver really needed? The em28xx driver has support
> for the Easy Cap Capture DC-60 model (I had access to one of those
> in the past, and I know that the driver works properly).
>
> What's the chipset using on your Easycap device?

Chipset is STK116. I'm not entirely sure but is seems that
there are to models: DC60 and DC60+.

Apparently, the former would be using STK1160.

> If it is not an Empiatech em28xx USB bridge, then it makes sense
> to have a separate driver for it. Otherwise, it is just easier
> and better to add support for your device there.

Ok, I'll take a look at the em28xx driver and also at the saa711x
to see how would it be possible to add support for this device.
Perhaps, we'll end up with a separate driver but based on
some common code.

Thanks,
Ezequiel.