Re: SDR FM demodulation

On 11.02.2012 17:15, Daniel Glöckner wrote:
All in all, I don't think there can be one API that fits all devices
without limiting their functionality. Maybe a UVC or LabVIEW like interface
with blocks for tuners, ADCs, decimators, DMA sinks, etc. is suitable,
but then applications will end up being tailored to a small number
of topologies or require manual configuration. For most people the
only use would probably be to listen to FM radio.

For me I would like to see that more interesting SDR than FM radio :)
I should look how famous USRP/USRP2 are connected to the GNU Radio and maybe try similar approach. I think it is userspace interface but it fits fine. It is always possible load device us normal Kernel driven DVB-T and if user like to use it as SDR then user should blacklist just kernel driver.

I opened my device and there is Elonics E4000 [1] silicon tuner. That tuner seems to be a little crazy beast! Supports frequencies from 64 to 1678 MHz and very many modulations. So for my eyes it is almost idea cheap SDR. No idea what is supported max bw ADC can sample...

DVB-T (174-240MHz, 470-854MHz)
ISDB-T (470-862MHz)
DVB-H (470-854MHz, 1672-1678MHz)
CMMB (470-862MHz)