Re: TBS 6920 remote

On Mon, 6 Feb 2012 14:25:33 +0000
Simon Jones <sijones2010@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > The 6920 uses a Conexant chipset and everything except the remote
> > works with a standard kernel, but I did have to install the
> > firmware manually. Is the binary part for the remote? I would have
> > thought it was only for other chipsets.
>
> Apologies then, I thought they were still maintaining a separate tree,
> maybe am confusing myself with a different manufacturer that wouldn't
> release the source.

They do seem to be maintaining their own tree, but the tarball (which is
within a zip) containing the driver code has a GPL COPYING file. There
may be some closed source drivers for other products in their range
somewhere in there, and if there is a version/copy of the Conexant
drivers in there perhaps it's modified to support their remote or
supplied just for completeness.