Re: AverTV Volar HD PRO

Il 06/02/2012 00:44, Andrej Podzimek ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> this USB stick (07ca:a835) used to work fine with the 3.0 and 3.1 kernel
> series, using one of the howtos in this thread:
> http://forum.ubuntu-it.org/index.php/topic,384436.msg3370690.html
>
> However, there were some build errors with my current kernel 3.2.4, so I
> tried to update the entire media tree instead, as described here:
> http://git.linuxtv.org/media_build.git
>
> Unfortunately, the device doesn't work. These are the dmesg messages
> that appear after plugging the receiver in:
>

> Surprisingly, the tda18218 module doesn't load automatically (I guess it
> should) and loading it manually doesn't help. So the device doesn't get
> initialized at all and there are no messages about firmware loading.
> (The firmware file is in /lib/firmware, of course.)
>
> Is it possible to make the device work somehow? The receiver worked fine
> with older kernels (using the howto from ubuntu-it.org linked above) and
> the remote controller was usable as well.

Hi Andrej,
here you can find an updated version of the af9035 patch:

http://openpli.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=openpli/openembedded;a=blob_plain;f=recipes/linux/linux-etxx00/dvb-usb-af9035.patch;hb=HEAD

There are several improvements, including support for newer kernels (3.2
and 3.3) as well as the current media_build tree.
I also added the missing "select" directives for the tda18218 and
mxl5007T tuners, so the modules auto-loads correctly now.

In this version there is no remote support.

Please let me know if it works fine for you.

Regards,
Gianluca