White Balance Temperature

Hi there

my "Live! Cam Socialize HD VF0610", Device ID: 041e:4080, Driver: uvcvideo is
running perfectly on Fedora 16 Linux, except one thing:
When I try to switch on "White Balance Temperature, Auto" or just try to change
"White Balance Temperature" slider I get a failure message and it won't work.
All other controls, like contrast, gamma, etc. are working.
"v4l2-ctl -d 1 --set-ctrl=white_balance_temperature_auto=1" produces an error
message:
"VIDIOC_S_CTRL: failed: Input/output error
white_balance_temperature_auto: Input/output error"

As soon as I boot Windows (inside Linux out of a Virtual Box), start the camera
there and go back to Linux, I am able to adjust and switch on the White Balance
things in Linux.
"v4l2-ctl -d 1 --set-ctrl=white_balance_temperature_auto=1" working fine after
running the camera in Windows.

Everytime I switch off my computer or disconnect the camera, I have to run the
camera in Windows again, bevor I can adjust White Balance in Linux.

What can I do to get White Balance controls working in Linux, without having to
run the camera in Windows every time?
Is there a special command I have to send to the camera for initializing or so?

Best regards
Aurel