Re: [ddbridge] suspend-to-disk takes about a minute ("I2C timeout") if vdr in use on ASUS P8H67-M EVO

Hello,

On 24/12/11 08:19, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
[  570.265915] I2C timeout
[  570.265921] IRS 00000001
[...]
[... hundreds of line of this type ...]

Ok, sounds like nothing good.

This error message comes from the ddb_i2c_cmd() function in the
ddbridge driver.  I don't think it's supposed to fail like that. :)

Ralph, Oliver, any hints for debugging this?  The above is with a
v3.1-based kernel.  More details are below, at
<http://bugs.debian.org/650081>, and in messages after the first one
at<http://bugs.debian.org/562008>.

I don't want to keep you from trying to fix the problem :-) but:
1. the ddbridge module doesn't come from the standard kernel package but from [1] 2. in the mean time, the maintainer / author (UFO, perhaps even reading these lines) has stated under [2] that the modules are not meant to support suspend/resume.

Also, because my main issue is with not being able to get my PC to wake up at a given time from the command line and _not_ with not being able to suspend, and because I read that Kernel guys don't like to work on "dirty" kernels, I have now a dual boot setup between "pure kernel" and "dirty kernel with ddbridge". Let me know if I can do anything to bring forward the resolution of any issue reported. And don't forget to tell me with which Kernel I should test.

This said, I don't see any noticeable difference between both kernels in regard of not waking up...

Eric

Links (in German, let me know if I need to translate something):

[1] http://www.vdr-portal.de/board16-video-disk-recorder/board85-hdtv-dvb-s2/105803-aktuelle-treiber-f%C3%BCr-octopus-ddbridge-cines2-ngene-ddbridge-duoflex-s2-duoflex-ct-cinect-sowie-tt-s2-6400/

[2] http://www.vdr-portal.de/board16-video-disk-recorder/board85-hdtv-dvb-s2/p1046383-aktuelle-treiber-f%C3%BCr-octopus-ddbridge-cines2-ngene-ddbridge-duoflex-s2-duoflex-ct-cinect-sowie-tt-s2-6400/#post1046383